One of the primary responsibilities of a successful firm is to give back something to the society and do its bit in the development our country. As a socially sound company we have taken many positive initiatives towards the betterment of the society. From providing essential school supplies to educational institutions, to setting up solar panels, we have worked towards the upliftment of the rural areas. Below is a summary of our endeavours.
- We have set up a Clinic in Tammalwadi for providing free medical health check-upsfor the poor. The Balaji Foundation and Research Centre (BFRC) has arranged for a doctor to visit theclinic daily.
- We regularly organise free Health Camps (including eye / dental checkups) in remote, inaccessible areas.
- We have provided books, laboratory equipment, furnitures , computers and sports gear to students of government schools in and around Tammalwadi & Solapur
- We have provided latest books for libraries at rural areas.
- We have also provided scholarships to bright students at the District and Taluka levels.
- In 2013-14, to mitigate the water shortages due to severe drought conditions in Solapur and Osmanabad Districts, we distributed water tanks of permanent nature (i.e. RCC tanks) of 3000 Litres Capacity and provided water troughs for the livestock in some of the villages apart from providing other facilities for rural people in association with Balaji Foundation and Research Centre.
- We have provided Solar Street Lamps in a remote village at Osmanabad District.
- We have given financial aid to one of the non-government granted NGO at Solapur where unwanted, unsheltered children of 0 to 6 year age group are admitted.
- We have Organised one “International Conference on Chemical Materials and Biosciences for Sustainable Development” at Walchand College of Arts & Science,Solapur. This Conference was addressed by resource persons from various countries like USA, Japan, France, Italy, Brazil etc. In the conference we deliberated issues concerned with latest innovations in the fields of Materials Sciences, Nanotechnology, Organic synthesis and Green technology, Polymers and smart material from Chemical and Material sciences.